Monday, April 20, 2009

This Week: BUSY!

Last week was only busy in order to prepare for this week! Tonight I am driving to Dallas in order to fly to Chicago with two friends (Chris Hayes and Tye Brooks) for a youth minister's conference (and of course some sightseeing!). We are going to see the Chicago Cubbies tomorrow night, which, to me is the most important part of "what to see while in Chicago." We'll definitely catch the Sear's tower, Navy Pier, and Giordano's World Famous Stuffed Pizza. Do you have any other suggestions for "must dos/must sees" while in Chicago?

I must be a glutton for punishment. Not only am I packing in a week of tourism on top of a conference, I am also ending the week with the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon on Sunday, April 26. I am hopeful that my being in Chicago will calm my nerves and allow me to rest my legs by not running as often. I am excited, but as always, nervous about the big run that looms at the end of the week. In my first and only prior marathon (Dallas White Rock Marathon, December 2008) I was happy to finish standing up, since this was my only goal. I finished rather easily just under 5 hours and was ready to "raise the bar." I ran a half marathon two weeks later under 1:45 and decided to aim for the 3:30 club and try to get the OKC in under the 3 hour and thirty minute mark. This is what I am now nervous about: the time goal.

By the way, I have a cousin and several friends running in the OKC Memorial marathon this weekend ... think of us all between 6:30 CST and 12:30 CST. You can track any of us by clicking on this link and they will send you tracking alerts via email or text messaging, but remember to pay attention in church!

I will be blogging this week despite the fact that I will be out of town, so keep checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Who/what are the Chicago Cubs ...? Ok, we're Braves fans. Have good trip and enjoy the run.

    ReplyDelete