Sunday, April 5, 2009

Not My Brightest Moment

Okay, so I don't think some decisions through all the way. Earlier this week I told my running partner that I was cool with getting the Saturday 5K (see the "He looks like a runner" post) in as long as we ran a 20 miler later in the weekend, as well. We decided to run the 20 miler this morning prior to our 9:00 worship. So we got up at 4:15 to begin our run at 5 am. We got a little bit of a late start, but started pretty close to 5:15 and finished our run in 2:51:57. Here is the part where I didn't think the decision through: I'm a minister - I shouldn't be late to church. We ran at a park which is a 20 minute drive from my house. With a few breaks for water, bathroom, snacks, etc. we finished our run at 8:12 am. I got home at 8:37 am. I try to be at church at 8:45, which obviously wasn't going to happen today! I got home, just trying to crawl into the door due to my cramped and worn out legs trying to figure out how on earth I was going to make it to church even close to on time.


Let's just say that my wife rocks! I walk in to the aroma of hot pancakes in the kitchen (she knows I'm cranky without my food :)) with an ironed dress shirt and a suit, shoes, and socks laid out ready to wear, and the bathroom is ready for me to "jump" into the shower. At 8:55, we are ready to go out the door because of J's kind preparations, but we can't find my black belt (I still haven't been able to find it). She looks up from a drawer in the closet and says, "you can wear suspenders!" I guess wearing suspenders was my "punishment" for making a silly decision to run 20 miles prior to Sunday morning worship and Bible class. For those of you who were wondering, I stayed awake during worship and class. Thankfully, I was the one teaching this morning - I may not have made it, otherwise!

The point is that I am very grateful for my incredible wife! She helps "brighten" me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment