Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jefferson

I will make an attempt to catch everyone up on our life throughout this week, then get into new stuff beginning next Monday.

As mentioned in my most recent post, Jacinda and I bought a dog this summer. We didn't just buy any dog ... that would be unacceptable! For the first dog, we must buy the dog! Jacinda LOVES shelties. And not just any sheltie! She wanted a male, sable sheltie with a full white collar. I searched and searched for months! And I found nothing at a reasonable cost. Her dad was simply parusing the classifieds in the Abilene Reporter News one day and called, "There are some sheltie puppies in Abilene!" So Jacinda and I decided that we would go out and look at them.

For Jacinda's birthday, we added a member to our little family. He is a male, sable sheltie with a HUGE, full white collar. In keeping to the Judah family tradition of naming their pet dogs after American presidents, we named him Jefferson (after Thomas, not Bill J Clinton!). I joked that we should add a black lab and name him Obama, but I got elbowed in the ribs by my sweet and innocent wife. Speaking of, I will probably catch another elbow for the last sentence!

Here are some pictures of the little guy:
The night we brought him home

His first bath

Following his first bath

His 6 month birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment