Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Big Bend, Abilene Eagles Football, and Christmas

I leave in about three hours for a four day backpacking trip to Big Bend with some of the guys from church. I will post pictures next week for sure. Obviously, I will be unable to post this week, but I promise another 6 month break won't follow! I'm excited about listening to music, reading, waking up when I want, getting to know the guys on the trip better, experiencing God's incredible creation, and listening for God's voice in the quiet stillness that you can't find in our busy lifestyles of "everyday" life.

Congratulations to the Abilene High Eagle football team on their trip to the State Championship game to be played in San Antonio on Saturday night. Though this perennial challenging team has fought deep into the playoffs year after year, this is Abilene High's first trip to the state title game since 1956. They are the only undefeated team in 5A football in Texas this year and they will try to remain that way as they go up against the two-time defending state champion Katy Tigers. We have 6 youth group boys that play on the AHS Varsity football team and have thoroughly enjoyed their run for this milestone. We wish you the best, hope you study for finals this week, and play a safe game on Saturday. I plan to drive straight to the Alamo Dome from Big Bend to catch the game!

I cannot wait: Jacinda and I are joining her family for Christmas at Disney World in Orlando! I've never been so my little kid dreams are heightening! I will get to spend three days with my sisters in Ft Worth, their families, and my mom. Family time is my favorite!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back blogging. And thanks for your recent comments on Family Fountain. Hope all is going well with your family and ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article may interest you.

    http://www.examiner.com/x-30789-San-Antonio-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m12d20-Abilene-state-football-champions-beat-Katy-but-many-winners-at-Alamodome

    Website with photos of the championship game: http://www.jackiedennis.smugmug.com

    ReplyDelete