Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm Free! Maybe...

You know those days where you can't say anything right? I mean, everything you say comes across with a tone and possibly a scowl? Your temper is short and your emotions sensitive? Well, I had four of those days in a row this past Friday through Monday - the main reason I haven't posted since Thursday. :) I literally couldn't get anything out without regretting that I said it immediately afterward! An example? Sure, I'll give you an example: I was taking a nap on Saturday afternoon before Jacinda had some girls over for a girls' night. Jacinda woke me up during a nap saying, "honey, some of the girls are here early to make a cake..." My response? "IS THAT WHY YOU WOKE ME UP?!" It turns out that the only reason she was waking me up was so that I wouldn't walk into the living room in my underwear! Seriously, I was ridiculous. If I snapped your head off, I apologize.

Well, today it was gone! I had patience and grace and felt so comfortable in conversations. I also taught a 3rd grade class today ... for 6 hours. I'm so impressed with teachers. I have no clue how they talk that much! So now that I feel gracious and patient in my responses again, my voice is hoarse and I sound harsh even if I were to say the kindest things. I'm at a loss. If I bite your head off in the next few days, please accept my apology in advance. Even if I am angry, I'll blame it on my voice!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Evan. Now that you are back on track, call your Grand parents. They're missing your voice. Love ya' dude.
    stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going on my 2nd day, and I'm on vacation. How cruddy is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evan ... I got behind reading blogs and just now catching up. I'm glad I spent some time today on your blog. It is quickly becoming one of my most favorite :)

    Trey

    ReplyDelete